Friday, August 12, 2011

Modgeek goes to the circus!

The theme of this week's Fabric of the Week contest on Spoonflower is circus. Thanks to the multitude of creative designers on Spoonflower, the contest is filled with clever takes on the theme. Here is my entry for the Circus fabric contest:


My entry is titled "Mod about the Circus," and is slightly Mondrain inspired. It features tightropes, ladders, pedestals, balls, three rings (of the circus), stars, cycle wheels, and blocks of color. I'm really happy with this design. I was excited about it when I sketched it, but as I was creating it on the computer, I had my doubts. In the end, though, it turned out great (I think so anyway). I think the print would be perfect for pillows and even a mini skirt.

You can see the print in repeat here. You can also vote in this week's fabric contest here at Spoonflower.

I'm working on products images for my soon to be opened online shop featuring my cupcake illustrations. I'm also working on more fabric designs (as always!). Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment