Thursday, September 8, 2011

Super Penguin Plushie Project

This post is a little overdue, but I was working on a new fabric contest entry. A few weeks ago was the Plushie Fabric of the Week contest on Spoonflower. My penguin superhero finished 44th out of 130 fantastic entries. Here it is printed on a fat quarter of cotton sateen:

Plushie printed on fabric


Colors print wonderfully on the sateen, and the fabric gives the finished project a much better quality than the quilting cotton. I was going to stage a fun photoshoot with the superhero and sidekick saving the day, but sadly, I do not have the proper staging. (I have toys/figurines to use as villains and unsuspecting bystanders, though). Here is the crime-fighting duo, complete with cape and mask:

Penguin Plushie pair


Close up of sidekick:

Sidekick plushie


Back of the superhero's cape:

Back of Superhero's Cape


Peppermint discs to be used as weapons (these are just filled with fiberfill, but could be filled with rice):

Peppermint Discs


And a bracelet for owner of the crime fighting duo to wear:

Bracelet


This project was fun to design and make. For the mask, I used elastic cording to make it one piece rather than two lengths of ribbon tied together. Otherwise, the required materials I have on the printed project are what I used. This project may have inspired another penguin project for the holidays. I haven't started on it yet, but the gears are churning. This new holiday project probably will not be done for another month, so look for another penguin post in October (probably mid-late).

Upcoming posts: dress sewing project (from a commercial pattern) and new Fabric of the Week contest entry. These weekly contests are doing wonders for my creativity, and helping me create collections for my past designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment